Upgrading to the latest version of Ghost contains the following steps
- Download the latest version of Ghost from Ghost.org
- Extract the zip file to a temporary location
- Copy all of the root level files from the latest version. This includes: index.js, package.json, Gruntfile.js, config.example.js, the license and readme files.
- Next, delete the old core directory completely, and then put the new core directory in its place.
npm install --production
- Finally, Restart Ghost so that the changes take effect