Gmail provides a unique source of displaying ads that are particularly context sensitive!
The key steps to designing a good campaign using Google Adwords that are targeted for Gmail users include the following:
1. Setup the Campaign
The campaign has to be one of the following types:
- "Search & Display Networks - All features"
- "Display Network only – All features"
- "Display Network only – Remarketing"
Add Gmail as a placement
Here's how you can add Gmail as a managed placement to your ad group:
- Select your campaign and ad group.
- Click the Display Network tab.
- Click the Placements tab.
- Click the Change display targeting button.
- Type "mail.google.com" in the text box.
- Click Save to add the placement to your ad group.